The Endless Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES

2 posters

Go down

Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Empty Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES

Post  Liëka Fri May 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Cloud is a *brilliant* game.

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/game.htm

It's about a boy who is in a hospital for athsma, and can't go out of the hospital... who does visulizations of freedom, and purifying the world... umm... really hard to explain.

For you who landed a long time ago, and left the blue sky and white clouds behind.... could you really forget that feeling... of flying headlong through clouds?

You don't just fly around, you can move the clouds, make them 'holy', make them interact, and there *are* goals and levels.... but, true to the TEF spirit, I mostly enjoy just flying, exploring and making random things out of cloud! And take arty screenies.

I apologise for the size, but I really want to get the feel across... if it, say, makes you crash, I'll change... but I'd rather not.

Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Thisgameisdedicatedto
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Continue
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Cloudpainting
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Lowflyingmediteranian
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Dramaticlightningcitycopy
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Volcanorim
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES City
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Incominghrseshoeisle
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Horseshoeisland
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Greyclouds

I don't have enough time to take pictures of the 'holy' clouds, or more areas, but the game is beautiful....
Liëka
Liëka

Number of posts : 84
Location : Bright eyes... Burning like Fire... Bright eyes... How could you close, and fail?
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Character sheet
Deer's Name: Liëka

Back to top Go down

Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Empty Re: Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES

Post  Kogy Fri May 02, 2008 5:18 pm

oo that looks like a cool game! i might look into it!
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Character sheet
Deer's Name: Kogy

http://kazeyoubi.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES Empty Re: Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES

Post  Kogy Sat May 03, 2008 8:01 am

bah i like the game, but the controls are so infuriating! it never stays zoomed out and i can never figure out how to go anywhere!
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liëka Sat May 03, 2008 8:22 am

...can you be more specific in how you cant control yourself?

Moving the mouse takes you forward back left right, holding down the middle mouse buton goes into fly mode. Fly mode is when you can control your height and zoom. You zoom by scrolling the middle button and move the camera with the right button. Move clouds with the left button. Inhale clouds with Shift, exhale them with Ctrl.

Okie? Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES 677126
Liëka
Liëka

Location : Bright eyes... Burning like Fire... Bright eyes... How could you close, and fail?

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kogy Sat May 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Liëka wrote:...can you be more specific in how you cant control yourself?

Moving the mouse takes you forward back left right, holding down the middle mouse buton goes into fly mode. Fly mode is when you can control your height and zoom. You zoom by scrolling the middle button and move the camera with the right button. Move clouds with the left button. Inhale clouds with Shift, exhale them with Ctrl.

Okie? Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES 677126

by middle mouse button you mean the scroll bar right?

i can inhale and exhale clouds, but when i zoom out, in like 3 seconds it goes right back again, and zooms in too close to see anything and i mess up. so ill zoom out again and reorient myself before it zooms in again!
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liëka Sun May 04, 2008 10:16 am

I'm confused!
...could you frapp that? I can't picture it! :P
Liëka
Liëka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kogy Sun May 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Liëka wrote:I'm confused!

ill put it on my youtube later
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kogy Sun May 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Kogy wrote:
Liëka wrote:I'm confused!

ill put it on my youtube later

well i frapped something, but the problem didnt come up again lol but if you want to watch me play, heres a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9hSI-Md-e4
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liëka Mon May 05, 2008 6:35 am

Soooo.... do you like the game? Very Happy

If the problem seems to have fixed itself, I would advise really experimenting with free flying. Go explore an island, sit in the volcano.. that sort of thing.
Cloud is my escape world, I've named the islands, and it probably helps that, when I was little, I used to visulize an island and it was my escape. That island was exactly the same as the volcano island, only without the city. So it's good memories, I suppose....
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES 920835
Liëka
Liëka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kogy Mon May 05, 2008 11:16 am

Liëka wrote:Soooo.... do you like the game? Very Happy

If the problem seems to have fixed itself, I would advise really experimenting with free flying. Go explore an island, sit in the volcano.. that sort of thing.
Cloud is my escape world, I've named the islands, and it probably helps that, when I was little, I used to visulize an island and it was my escape. That island was exactly the same as the volcano island, only without the city. So it's good memories, I suppose....
Cloud- WARNING LOTS OF LARGE FILESIZED PICTURES 920835

yeah. i wish it wouldnt automatically kick you off after youve collected all the clouds. theyre like "you have to go back now" and im like, why the heck to i have to?! :<
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Liëka Mon May 05, 2008 11:38 am

....you do know there are more levels? You can stay on some as long as you like. Smile
Liëka
Liëka

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kogy Mon May 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Liëka wrote:....you do know there are more levels? You can stay on some as long as you like. Smile

iiiiiii dunno how :< i havent played a whole lot lol i guess i missed it
Kogy
Kogy
Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down